Friday, December 4, 2015

What to do when your child shaves their eyebrows

I was devasted when I found my daughter without her eyebrows the morning I took her to get ready for school. I thank God that she didn't have a class photo event that day.

1. Don't panic. It will only worsen the situation. Okay. I admit. I reacted a little. Yes, a little. Needless to say, I'm still proud of myself for not over reacting to her badly done pencil liner attempt.

2. Remain calm. I actually realized how calm I had been these past three years since my therapy sessions seven years ago. I was actually sent to go ahead to get ready for work. Yes, I did get into anxiety mode went I got to the bedroom.

3. Ask Google for help. 152 hits. Surprisingly relieved that I was not the only parent. I read that Ulta sells DipEyebrow. The blogger mentioned a few cosmetic tips that helped her save her child's day.

4. Compromise with spouse to allow you to help devasted and embarrassed child. It took a lot of convincing. I was glad he gave me a chance; considering I have worked at a retail cosmetic department before. He has seen how impressive I can be with makeup. 

5. Thank your lucky stars that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I was actually impressed with myself pasting my donated eyebrow hair to her skin with the help of hairspray. I had to dab a bit of eyeshadow, eye liner and concealer to make the stubbies less noticable before I pasted my donated eyebrow hair.

6. Lay down boundaries. Just because I allowed to donate a few hairs, doesn't mean I'm going to continue to do so until those eyebrow hairs continue to grow. I'm glad I had done so. As soon as I finished my work on her face, she implied she needed a complete brow. Girl, don't make regret my generosity. When she realized it was a one time deal, she got all fidgety again. She didn't want to remove her hoodie.

That was some adventure. We still do not know why she had done it. She done did it anyway. She's not going to get a second take at my eyebrows again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment