Thursday, January 24, 2019

Without a doubt

I know I have not written in a while. I had my reasons. We moved to a better location. Or so we thought.

This incident happened a month ago. My daughter had been dropped off from school. On her walk home, she heard one of the neighbors making a rukus. I was still trying my best to get through traffic on my way home. She stated that she was threatened and quickly found safety towards our ground floor neighbor's apartment.

We still have no inkling as to what transpired. My daughter made a statement on a police report that a man within our vicinity had threatened her maliciously. I made my rounds between the two buildings. There was only one building in front of our apartment that has potential suspects. The building facing our ground floor neighbor's apartment has tenants with children. It didn't make sense to me that they would want to harm a child.

I can speculate my theories but without evidence to say the least, I'm currently baffled.

I've seen parents capable of heinous things when their children or household get threatened. Knowing how my child behaves in public, she mayhap karma herself.

On one note, I was impressed that she did the right thing: find safety. I have hope for her yet.

Our good work having her attend a youth program is helping for the most part. All I can hope for is the best. Just as any parent would.

No comments:

Post a Comment