Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sweet Victory

I wouldn't think that I would come this far to admit this, but here it is. Before I left for work today, I asked my daughter if she knew how I had known about her self-indulgence. She looked at me inquisitively and shook her head.

"You see it in me, don't you?" I asked her.

The guilt sullen expression on her face gave me the answer I need. I told her that if there was anything she wanted to emulate from me, it would be the positive conduct of my well-being; not my ominous emotions. It is reassuring that my daughter is intelligent enough to know the concepts of what is right and wrong. I am now cautiously vigilant in what I say and do - knowing full well that I am being scrutinized ( I don't know how else to phrase it) by a child who idolizes me.

I hope in this lesson, I don't lead her to think what I say and do are conclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment