Tuesday, December 27, 2011

When Indulgence get on your nerves

The reason for writing this blog about my daughter is not to disdain her in public, but to acknowledge the learning curve I have come to experience raising a child as smart and witty as I am.

I had overlooked this perception because I had believed that a mother would sacrifice anything to fulfill their children's happiness and well-being. I've been a mother for almost a decade now. Honestly speaking, I did not expect my child to be so complacent. I rarely spared the rod when she misbehaves. Her behavior behooved me to look back to my childhood.

After reading my old journals, I sat in wonder. How could I have been so blind? She has been emulating my idiosyncrasies. The truth was right in front of me. With such insight, I'm going to laugh myself silly and tell her she's in a lot of trouble if she doesn't set herself straight.

If it weren't for my parents' constant nagging, I would have ended up in ugly places.

No comments:

Post a Comment