Saturday, April 20, 2013

Not giving up just yet

We thought we had a monumental break through when we had our daughter get into Magic: The gathering with us. She finally got her grades up by turning in her last minute completed homework and had begun focusing on working in class instead of socializing. After her success in putting in some effort, we rewarded her with a Return to Ravnica Holiday Box.

3 days before Friday Night Magic, she came home with a suspicious looking book and had been caught with a set of MTG cards different from her own stack. She told my husband that her teacher had given the sketch book to her as a late birthday gift. It donned on him to ask more questions since she was already told not to accept gifts from other people. The teachers were already forewarned about her behavior from the previous school. As for the cards, she told him that she had found them on the couch.

My husband wasn't able to continue with the matter since I was scheduled for surgery. He informed me about her obsession with Black Veil Brides and her inability to recognize tact. She had apparently wanted to bring her sketchbook, which had a drawing of skulls and bones along to the Emergency Room.

I comforted my husband and noted that I realize that she still reminds me of my childhood. With that being said, I have admitted to him that I may have been oblivious to my surroundings at her age. However, I also noted to him that was never disrespectful towards others in that manner. Long before my daughter ever heard of Black Veil Brides, my efforts of trying to get her to respect other people was an overwhelming challenge.

Needless to say, my husband told her to confess her misdeed or face the consequences of her actions. So, she decided to lie about it; claiming that she found the sketch book lying on the ground at school. My husband showed me what she had done to the notebook. I opened it and found the owner's name and phone number all scratched on as well as a few pages missing. I had pointed it out to my husband and the moment of disappointment had gone from his face. The thought of being lied to was not only irritating for him, it's also a serious offense.

When we were getting ready for Friday Night Magic, she not only had stolen that strange notebook, but she has overstepped her boundaries by getting into people's personal spaces.

She has been forewarned several, and numerous occasions that if she is going to continue with this behavior, she'll end up in jail. There wasn't anything that we could do if that situation ever happens.

We made her aware of her efforts and it would be a darn shame to see all that effort she made gone to waste by doing something foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment